Cousin Anne's approach to dog training is a collaborative process in which she works with the owner to develop a customized and sustainable lifestyle plan for both the owner and dog. By coaching the owner on how to communicate effectively with their dog, Cousin Anne believes that the owner can create a home environment that fosters good behavior in addition to building a strong bond of trust between the owner and their dog. Her approach to training has helped many dog owners have a better relationship with their dog.
Dogs are pack animals. Typically, the human gets one domesticated dog and brings it into the human world, on human terms. So, it can be confusing for a dog to understand what "we" humans want them to do for "us," their packleader. Therefore, it is up to us to protect and direct our dogs. In order to accomplish this, all prospective clients should understand that Cousin Anne:
• Focuses on the body language of the dog
• Seeks an understanding of the dogs mind
• Observes the energy of the dog with and without "their" human
• Exercises with the dog before training dog
• Provides the tools and guidance for both human and dog to practice together